Pros and Cons of Medical Marijuana
Medical Marijuana seems to be on every news cast and in every headline on the internet. What was once a hobby for the “stoner” culture has become a booming business and an important medical treatment for patients with debilitating conditions.
Medical marijuana is a hot button issue; California is on the verge of complete legalization, while other states have their own medical marijuana laws. Nevada medical marijuana clinics have been operating within the bounds of the law since 2001. But what are the implications of medical marijuana? How does this affect local Las Vegas medical marijuana clinics?
Pros of Medical Marijuana
Recent polls have shown that 52% of people in California support the taxing and regulating marijuana for personal consumption. Many other Americans hold marijuana in a favorably light, including members of the medical community and Congress. Some of the pros to medical marijuana are:
• Evidence shows that marijuana is effective at relieving nausea and vomiting, and is especially useful for patients undergoing chemotherapy.
• Marijuana has been shown to relieve spasticity in the muscles that are associated with multiple sclerosis and paralysis.
• It can be used to help treat appetite loss associated with AIDS.
• Marijuana is an effective pain reliever and in some cases is safer than prescription medications. Your Las Vegas medical marijuana clinics are available to assists with information that would be relevant to your pain management.
• There are studies showing marijuana smoke alone does not increase the risk of lung cancer.
Cons of Medical Marijuana
Even though there many people who support the legalization of medical marijuana, there is also a large group that opposes the legalization of medical marijuana. Some of their views include:
• Old studies showing that frequent marijuana use can seriously affect your short-term memory.
• Older studies that show frequent use can impair your cognitive ability.
• Smoking anything, whether it's tobacco or marijuana, can seriously damage your lung tissue. (Medical Marijuana clinics in Las Vegas have a variety of ingestions methods available that do not involve smoking.)
• There is not enough evidence showing medical marijuana’s ability to treat pain.
• Smoking marijuana has been implicated in automobile crashes and accidents in the workplace.
On the downside, clinical trials that would evaluate the effectiveness of marijuana have been restricted and limited to very small studies. Las Vegas medical marijuana doctors have seen the tremendous value in medical marijuana. But, until marijuana is downgraded from a Schedule 1 drug, mainstream clinical trials are unlikely to happen. Until a comprehensive study is performed on the effects and benefits of medical marijuana then Las Vegas medical marijuana clinics might lose the ability to provide their services.
It’s up to the individual voter to decide if they are for medical marijuana or against it. By keeping an open mind and looking at the facts your medical marijuana clinics in Nevada can continue to help their patients. Learn the facts and make an informed decision on such an important topic, before you ridicule someone on either side.
Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Las Vegas, NV from a Medical Marijuana Doctor in Las Vegas, NV at www.PatientFirstWellness.com or call (702) 474-6300.